Tales of an Incurable Pessimist

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Vampires

Ah, vampires. Twilight is the word that comes to mind. No, no, don't worry. I'll save my rant on Twilight for another day. This is just about me and how I appear to be a vampire. Gather around and I will tell a story.

A couple of years ago a girl in my class suddenly decided I was a vampire. Really. No, really. Despite my telling her again and again, that no, I was not a vampire, her mind was made up. She based her theory on the following:

- I rarely ate lunch. And as everyone knows, since vampires are dead they need no food or water to survive. (Actual reason - I happen to be very self conscious about eating in front of others. And I don't really get that hungry at school. I usually just have a big afternoon tea if I'm hungry when I get home.)

- I'm pale. I must be dead! To some extent! (Actual reason - some of my relatives are Irish. I have dark hair and pale skin. So sue me.)

- I don't get that much sleep, as I've previously explained. But then vampires don't sleep either...it's all adding up! (Actual reason - Yeah, just see my post on sleep. =])

- I have excellent balance. Wait, what? No, I don't. I'm the clumsiest person ever! Her logic made no sense.

And that is why I am clearly a vampire. Except for the part where I'm not.

Peace, Tess. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment