Tales of an Incurable Pessimist

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Confession time

Okay. Confession time - I kind of love words. It's weird. I love the way they string together to make sentences, to make stories. Words are powerful. They build things up, they tear things down. When words are read, to me they aren't just characters and nouns and verbs. They are thoughts, feelings, emotions that help inspire, encourage and motivate.

Words can change everything. Three little words that can mean so much - 'I love you.' How often do we say these words? Three words carry so much emotion. Its a little bizarre when you think about it.

I like to think of words like flowers. You plant a tiny seed in the ground. One word. And over time, with care, that seed grows into a little green plant, just poking it's head out of the earth. A sentence. And eventually it blossoms into a  full, beautiful flower. A poem, a story, a song.

So there's a (sort of) logical reason for why I love words. And the not so logical part? My favourite words. I have no real reason for loving these words, but I do.

Artichoke. Atrocious. Astounding. Hyperbole. Zephyr. Gossamer. Wisteria. Alas. Poetic. Come on, say them! Trust me. It's fun.


And now you know my weird love for words. Obviously, I am a freak. And also, if you tell anyone about this I will deny it!

3 comments:

  1. O: Atrocious is my favorite word!
    [Alas is fun to use here and there]

    And sure, deny it. HOWEVER THE PROOF IS RIGHT HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curses! Foiled again. Perhaps I can say YOU hacked into my account and wrote this post! Ha.

    Atrocious buddies? =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Damn. You win this round. > >
    Worst part, they would probably believe you over me... HMMM...

    O: Atrocious buddies!
    (( BTW Have you ever looked at the mirror and said Atrocious? Whenever I say that word, I make a fail-attempt-to-be-sexy face xD ))

    ReplyDelete