Tales of an Incurable Pessimist

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sleep

I used to be able to go to sleep late and wake up early. I loved it. It never caught up with me, I never got tired.

Now, I can't fall asleep. Literally. My usual drop off is around 4 or 5am but sometimes I just don't go to bed. I stay up all night and then I usually fall asleep at 6 or 7am. It makes me very disorientated. Last night, I fell asleep briefly on the couch and my sister woke me up, asking if I knew where the mascara was. I remember nothing, but she told me I stumbled around my room before just going back to sleep. Yeah. So weird.

And tonight. The one night I'm sleepy at night time, the one time I think 'hey, I might actually go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up in the morning, not afternoon!' my dad chooses tonight to snore. Oh, joy. And I'm not talking about regular snoring - oh no, I'm talking about the kind of snores that sound like a cow stuck between an ambulance and a chainsaw factory. That was harsh. But true - hey, I'm the victim here. I can hear it through the walls. I can hear it through my pillow, through my fingers jammed in my ears. Hence, I am now in the lounge room typing away. It's 1:44am. I have excellent hearing. It's a gift - and a curse.

Peace, Tess. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment