Tales of an Incurable Pessimist

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

Two days ago it was Easter. Yay.

Well, I'm Catholic so of course I know the religious meaning of Easter and I like that. You know, it's nice. But I don't like actual Easter. Here are some reasons why.

- All our relatives come over and it's just not fun. I just don't fit in because they are my family and I don't fit in with my family but if I don't talk then I feel anti social and that makes me feel guilty.

- The Easter Bunny. Seriously, what the hell? Looking back, the Easter Bunny is creepy as hell. A giant rabbit hides eggs in your house or yard, then you hunt for them and when you find them you have an egg. And where the heck does this guy get the eggs? Does he lay them? That's a valid question. Isn't that with all holidays - DON'T EVER EVER EVER EVER TAKE CANDY FROM  A STRANGER....unless he's an overgrown rabbit or a man who comes down your chimney!

- When I was younger, one of my close friends swore up and down that she had seen the Easter Bunny one Easter. She said he was huge and grey with striped overalls on. Now, before this tale, I had always quite liked the EB. In my mind, he was big and bright blue with a bubble gum pink stomach. But after hearing her description of the EB, I suddenly freaked out. For some bizarre reason, this was the scariest thing I had ever heard and from then on, I hated the EB and his damn overalls.


-I hate the commercials and chocolate and advertisings plastered everywhere. Yes, chocolate is delicious. But don't over do it. Geez, supermarkets set up chocolate eggs in January these days! I'm sick of Easter before it even starts every year.


- I hate ham. I'm a peskitarian (eh, I'll post a different blog about that) and every year my family buys a huge ham. It makes me feel sick. Ham is just so...ew.


And those are a few reasons why I hate Easter. And also, because I am a pessimist, so a lot of stuff sucks. But happy Easter and I hope yours was better then mine!

Peace, Tess. xx

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy these tales Tess :) but don't forget to live a little! Easter is for spending time with the people you care about most.. Meet up with some friends over the holidays, make sure you enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WUT?! Striped Overalls? Grey? IT'S A HE?!

    I imagined him/her/it to be pink with a blue tummy O____O

    I can SOO relate to the family thing. You're not alone! I don't fit in either xD I wish you luck though, and I enjoy your writing O:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jess, the Easter Bunny in our imagination was almost the same just oppposite! That's pretty chill. =) Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete